Do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and there will come a time that you can do the things you want to do when you want to do them. However, if you don’t do the things you need to do when you need to do them, you will never be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them!
So with that said I want to give you seven proven and tried principles that will increase your value. You can read them, like them and even repeat them, but until you DO THEM, they will never be yours. Action is the currency that will purchase truth!
1. Proverbs 12:24, “The hand of the diligent will rule… diligent, responsible. In other words, be dependable, make yourself valuable by putting your best into everything you do.
2. Be underpaid, always give more than what you get. Being underpaid puts a higher value on your life, your business and your service.
3. Always look to God as your source, not others. By doing so, you will have a good attitude towards other, which opens the door to God’s blessings.
4. Proverbs 18:16, “A person’s gift makes room for them and brings them before great people.” Don’t try to make room for your gift by telling others what you have or what you can do. Let your gift make room for you. How? By using and developing the gifts you have.
5. Proverbs 12:27, “The substance of the diligent is precious.” Learn to enjoy and appreciate what you already have and the progress you’ve made. If you aren’t satisfied with what you have, you’ll never be happy with your future.
6. Be a giver, he that has the most gives the most of what he has.
7. Proverbs 27:10, “Don’t forsake your friends.” Build relational equity. Remember that your destiny is not just in you, but it’s in others, so develop good friendships. Show me your friends, and I’ll show you your future.
For a whole lot more on this subject download my series “Biblical Economics.